Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sad week

I have fallen a few days behind on my blogging.

VBS is this week at church. My nephew spent the last couple of weeks with us here in MS. Went to Cub Scout camp for a few nights. Baseball season is still going. My mother & sister left back Sunday for home. They had to come pick up my nephew. As soon as they got in the drive my mother's husband met them at the porch. Bad news. One of my nephews that lives in TN/over the GA line died. 55 years old. He is a diabetic. Always managed his blood sugars great. Great health. Rode a motorcycle for fun. He was in a motorcycle crash a few years ago while riding on the Trail of Tears ride. He had stopped over in my hometown to eat breakfast & tell my mom hello. He got back on the cycle to head toward Huntsville & a truck pulled out in front of him. TOTALED the cycle---almost totaled him. Broke a number of bones. We all thought this would be the end. He was in the hospital, then on to rehab & was home in no time at all. The cycle was fixed back up & the world was right again. Sunday his blood sugar dropped & he lost conscienceness. He never woke back up. Gone. Quick. No time for goodbye's. Maybe he wanted it like that but still so much to say. I had recieved my last e-mail from he & his wife last Thursday that said it all.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.
Friends are like balloons.
Once you let them go, you can't get them back.
So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

My boys & I will be going back home tomorrow to attend the visitation & buriel of my nephew. Please when you say your prayers put the family in yours. So hard to lose a family member that meant so much to everyone. He was a father, husband, son, brother, nephew, friend & so much more to everyone who knew him.

In memory of Charles Billy Jenkins
You are tied to our hearts forever.

This is a little figure I bought for my Christmas village after
Charles Billy had wrecked his cycle.
It means so much more to me now.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am crying once again after reading this very beautiful, heart touching tribute. I miss him so much already, I just cannot believe he is gone. Thanks for this Katrina. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Katrina, I am so sorry about your family's loss. I remember when he had his wreck. May God comfort all of you. Kay M.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog