Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Brother-in-law

My brother-in-law is Director of Missions for Sand Mountain Baptist Association & sent me this link to the update of rebuilding. We are all very proud of him.
Ignore the Marshall County thing, the woman didn't know if she was in Jackson or Marshall County. She is in Jackson County! They also took out every refence to Jesus they could possible do. Here is what my BIL sent me.

"1. They again edited out all my references to Christ, faith, the Lord, and Christians.
2. I shared something from the story of the Good Samaritan and they only used the last part, which didn’t make sense without the whole story. Here’s what I shared – “There are four characters in the story of the Good Samaritan. One had the attitude, ‘What’s yours is mine, I’ll take it.’ Two had the attitude, ‘What’s mine is mine, I’ll keep it.’ The Good Samaritan had the attitude, ‘What’s mine is yours, I’ll give it’.” And then what you see on the video – “The community, the churches, they’ve had the attitude “What’s ours is yours, we’ll give it….”
3. The story was titled “Marshall County…” instead of “Jackson County…”

Oh well."

http://www.waff.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2857464&h1=Marshall%20County%20Recovery%20Team%20Nears%20End%20of%20Project&vt1=v&at1=Video%20Player&d1=112067&LaunchPageAdTag=Video%20Player&activePane=info&rnd=12765544

1 comment:

Denise said...

God bless your brother in-laws efforts for others.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog