Thursday, September 18, 2008

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

I told you I would be in trouble.
A Northern storm just blew through Mississippi by the name of Polly. My sister read my post of her being next of a picture of her the same day in a swim suit. I have always loved the picture but she hates it. It was the seventies, she had long blond hair & was gorgeous. We Potter's usually speak our minds & don't leave anything for wondering. Well I value my sisters love & being family so I chose the option to NOT post. Actually she chose it. I have plenty of pics made of me looking really really homely that I know she has copies of & that I wish to not be out in the WWW / World Wide Web. She sent me some pictures she would have her rather's. I told her she would not have to fall down or get sick or have a birthday for me to post one & I would love to put her picture on. I am rather proud of my pretty sisters!
We rarely get the chance to see one another except for reunions & funerals but with that invention of the telephone we get caught up quick. Today was a catch up day. I love my calls with her. Different generations of growing up but we love hearing about one anothers lives. She was 26 when I was born but the years come together when we get a chance to visit. I wish for a future of her life now & she sees her past in me. That of being a busy wife & mother. So many times I have written letters in my head to her to let her know how very special she is to me but it never makes it to paper. Growing up I always loved her visits. It meant having more laughter in the house from such a godly Christian woman as she is. I didn't really understand that then but now as an adult she is what I want to strive for. Birthday cards from her meant she was thinking of me way down in Bama & always money in each one. She never missed a birthday & if she did a card saying it was late always came. I still have some of them. Tons of memories fill my head & they are all the greatest of my growing up years. I love you Polly!
Polly 1957


Polly 1954

She & my BIL have been married for 50 years.

She has a challenge for anyone to reach that milestone.

She has to have some secret she could pass along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My!!
Little Sis you have totally, utterly surprised me by this one!
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, for all the praise..........I had no idea!!

You have said it exactly, about the different generations, etc., couldn't have said it better myself. Flattery my dear, will get you a long way, at my creaking old age now!! LOL
Wish we could just one time, sit down and share all of our little childhood "secrets" with each other. THAT is probably never going to happen, but this email and phone stuff is great!! I Luv U 2, and am sooo proud of you and your little family. YOU DONE GOOD KID!!

Anonymous said...

you know I was looking at the pics you have on here and now I know why Charles snatched her up. She was then and still is a "looker" Hubba hubba big sister. why not put these on the Potters Grove?

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog