Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sickness & Buses

I have gotten so far behind on the day to day stuff. I have a blog post setting in my draft folder. I need to get it out & post it about our....hold your breath......Christmas.
I have been home all day with a sick child. My youngest son has been bothered with sinus/allergy stuff for some time. We have gone to the doctor about it several times but then after awhile it is back. Just now he ran through the house full speed. But in the morning he will be deathly ill for school. I picked him up from school yesterday. I had bible study at church yesterday morning & errands to do to get ready for my kindergarten class at church last night. I was headed toward Wally World & caller ID on my cell phone showed the school. I should have known....sick. They thought it looked like PINK EYE. I went to get him, shot to Wally World real quick, got home, put medicine in him, got my lesson ready, went back to church & finally back home to rest & eat. In all this I wasn't being totally inconsiderate. It was not pink eye. I won't go in to nasty detail but all the signs were not there. He got up this morning & just the allergy stuff was there.
On top of all the sick stuff today my oldest son did go to school. He rides the bus home in the afternoons. Well the time came & went for him to be home. OH NO was I suppose to pick him up from school late. I did it again. I need to write these things down. Just kidding I did not forget him. The bus was late. Finally after walking the floor & standing outside willing the bus to come it didn't. I called the bus garage & guess what...they close early. Does that make sense? Buses are running & the office closes. I left a somewhat angry message. I am sure no one calls me back. I called the school & they knew right off what I needed. The bus driver had become sick & they had to double up on a bus. It took him 2 hours past his regular time to get home. He came through the door at around 5:25 PM. School is out at 3:oo pm. I guess the reason I am so upset is I have been having several several problems with this route. It seems no one there wants to fix the problem. To beat it all the bus driver was not even familiar with the area & kept getting lost. She was taking directions from the students & they didn't even know where to go. Now wasn't that just perfect.
Well he is home safe & sound. My sickly child is off in the house watching cartoons probably on my unmade bed & I am about to go hunt for food in the pantry to feed them. Jeff is traveling this week so we have been on a very flexible schedule for meals.

No comments:

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog