Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week starting out busy

Monday started really great. All the kindergarten classes at my youngest son's school went on a field trip. Since my week was starting not really busy I went with them. It was so much FUN. My husband had asked me earlier where we were going & I had no idea. I knew the name of the place but not where it was. I got to school & asked them & was told it was about 45 minutes from the school. Kids went by bus & parents followed in cars. Alot of parents followed. It turned out being a beautiful day here. A bit of chill in the air. I had a long sleeve on & was fine. If you live anywhere around here & have not heard of this place make a point to go. They have tons of things to do.
Circle Y Equestrian Center I was not disappointed in the least. We will be going back in the summer with the boys. The price you can not beat. When some of the parents heard we could buy from the snack bar while there we ditched our PB & J sandwiches & got really good BBQ sandwiches. The whole park was just open to us. The kids had a great time & so did the parents. Can't wait for the fall to be here because they also have a pumpkin patch.

I am going to be in some serious trouble for this one. If you read my post a few days ago about the mommie cat that had the four kittens & she accepted another one from Saturday, well....someone brought in 4 more & she took those also. She has a grand total of 9 kittens. Well the picture below is made from my house. I would go & visit her each time I was at the shelter & talk to her. She looked so sad in her cage. She is such a loving cat & loves to be petted. She has been a great mother. I say I will be in trouble because my hubby had already told me I better not be bringing any of them home because I feel sorry for them. After the field trip my youngest son & I went by the shelter & got her & brought her home with us to foster her. (Pets are available to foster at about all shelters while they are waiting on homes) She has been nursed on so much that they are about to suck the life from her. I went Tuesday to PetSmart & got some powder kitten formula to mix up. We have bottle feeding them some. They are so funny to watch. The mom even loves the formula. It is made for nursing cats also. I got her some good food to help her along in her condition. I also attached a picture of the mom & kittens & one of the kittens taking from a bottle. A couple of them are having a hard time figuring it out but they are getting a bit in them. The boys love to feed them. What a great experience for them to remember how they helped in the life of a tiny helpless creature. I just hope all this is not in vain. After they are weaned & a few weeks older they will go back to the shelter for adoption. Tell everyone you can if they are about to adopt to try a shelter first. My mother is about sick of me telling her to spay & neuter. I have to say though that she does it with all her animals. She & my step-father have just adopted 2 solid white kittens & having to feed them with a bottle. Even my sister is taking care of kittens right now. She had got a cat & it turned out being pregnant. I guess we will be known as the Crazy Cat Family.

We had to tear ourselves away from the cats for Monday night & go to a scout meeting. With camping coming up the Webelos 1 had to have a swim practice (inside pool) to get ready for a swim test. They will get to use canoes this year. They are looking forward to it.

My little fish (Chris) in the water.

AKA--Crazy Cat Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you little sister!! Wish I liked Cats more...they are so much easier to have. Our new little Diva, is running Charles and I both ragged. She's so much younger, and energetic than Gabby, but is so sweet and playful, wants to lick you to death!! Ha
Good for you teaching the boys this lesson...and trust me, they will remember your kindness toward helpless animals. Keep up the good work!! Luv, Polly

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog