Monday, May 19, 2008

Wrong place at the wrong time or Are we?

God doesn't make mistakes.
He puts us where we are to be.
They say there are no mistakes, for everything there is a purpose.
Makes you think.
We’ll never know where our paths will take us!
God is not sleeping.

Do you ever feel you are in the "Wrong Place at the Wrong Time" ? I am full of Southern sayings even though I don't know if that is one. We all know the saying but deep down I know that isn't true. God always has us where we need to be.


I have to say I have been in some pretty cool places at what seems like the wrong time.


Once in 2000 in Paris in the Louvre Museum a deafening alarm sounded & all the doors shut & we were locked in Napoleon's bedroom full of priceless furniture along with alot of people that did not speak English. We sat on the floor a bit & then all the doors opened & we were on our way to the next wing. We never found out what happened. Probably never will. Wrong place wrong time.


In 2005 Jeff & I went to Paris & London. While in London bombs started to go off on the subway, streets & buses. We were outside of London on a castle tour at the Queen's home. I was in the gift shop when guards took me by my arms & asked if I was done shopping & lead me out of the shop. I thought I had done something wrong. When we first went in a bit before there were these cute little retired guys in beautiful uniforms greeting us. When I came out to the street side the cute little retired guys were gone & these young uniformed guys with berets with semi automatic weapons had took their place. Scary scene & we had no idea what had happened. No one knew. Word slowly got out & we were told "London was Closed". Closed! How can a city be closed? We did not know the severity until we got back to our Hotel that night. Our family had been trying to get ahold of us all of the day. We did get in touch but we were fine. We stayed in that night but was right back out the next day.


Wrong place wrong time.


Mississippi has been a crazy place for weather here lately. On May 8 of this month I took the boys to school as normal. On my way back the lightening was really striking in the sky. I had grabbed my camera on the way out the door. I pulled over at the furniture market buildings to try & get a picture of the lightening. Well the sky got really dark & it poured rain. The hardest I had seen in awhile. I gave up on the lightening & went home. I got a phone call when I got in the door. It was my husbands friend wanting to know if I was OK. Well.....ok as I could be. They had heard on the radio that a tornado had come up the road by my house, hit the furniture market, went across the road to the airport & jumped back up & went toward the mall area. I changed my clothes (in case I see someone I know) grabbed a fresh battery for my camera & headed back out. The tornado had hit the market building up the road from where I was sitting at earlier. WOW. Ripped the roof off. No injuries. I headed toward the mall area. Got alot of great shots. 3 were picked up by an on-line news site. You can view the pics I made here on Flickr.com. One of my sister's called to see if we were ok. She lives in GA & heard a tornado had hit our area. I had to admit to her on the phone where I was. Up where it had hit. The radio was calling for more bad weather to move through. I thought I would head home but wrong place wrong time. I was on a busy highway when the next wave came through. Along with a ton of other people I pulled off the side & waited it through. I had my phone & it worked so I sat & got caught up with my sister I rarely get to see. Well I did get home that day. Tupelo came through with no serious injuries. Alot of property damage but no deaths.


Wrong place wrong time.


Well not much as happened since then.......Wrong


Wrong place wrong time......


Next post to follow explains more......


He puts us where we are to be.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post! You relate so well of the adversity that awaits all of us and you are proof that we do the best we can with what we are facing.

The tornadoes that have swept through the South starting way back in February have affected us all in one form or another. In my case it destroyed the home of a friend and we took in her 4 boys for 3 months while she rebuilt.

No wrong places, just opportunities to grow and help others along the way. Every day is an adventure, especially with God : ).

P.S. Your photos are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Good post. Liked the pictures - Miss Suzy Kodak! Kay M.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog