Friday, December 19, 2008

The joy of old pictures


This was snapped in my dad's studio.

My mother has albums full of pictures of when we were growing up. Being a photographer's daughter can be that way. If my dad wasn't there mom had the camera. I guess that is why I always have a camera on me. My mom scans some every so often & sends them to me. About 5 minutes ago these popped in.
I look & wonder...What happened to that little girl? Where is she? My answer is she is happily married, has the kids she always wanted & has a good life. She is still within the woman she is now. Every so often she makes an appearance in the company of good friends. She has special friends. Loves to laugh & have fun & believes she is proud of the woman she did become.
My sister Pam & I. Gotta dig my red leather skirt. How about my sisters socks above her knee's? The babies breath we are holding in our hands used to grow along the ditch bank behind the house. It was the same ditch bank we used to have to go cut our own switches from. Not that I would know about that sort of thing. Do you know what a switch is?
The lot behind us is where the Scottsboro Sonic is located today. Before that it is where I played softball as a youth. Hardee's is & was across the road. It was Burger Chef then.
My sister & I. She had received her high school class ring & we were showing them both off. She was class of '85 & I was class of '82. Funny is I do not even remember this picture.
Thanks mom for the memories. I really mean that.

1 comment:

Twisted Sister said...

Love these old photos. I remember when we were all little and crazy little girls! I still get teary-eyed when I drive mom and dad's old house.

Jennifer

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog