Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Letter from Lilly

Let me introduce myself,
I have been called Lilly which comes from Lil’ Mom,
I have been in the foster system since April 28th of this year. I was fortunate enough to get a great foster family with kids. But now it is time I move on. My kittens & I are now ready to have permanent families of our own.
I first came into the Tupelo-Lee Humane Society as a pregnant female. I gave birth to 4 wonderful babies around the middle of April. Then about a week later someone dropped off a baby that was about my babies’ size so they put him in with me & I began feeding him. Well no more than 2 days later about 4 more babies were dropped off & guess what…I was given them. Now don’t get me wrong, I am a great mother but I was up to 9 babies. Well my foster mom volunteers there at the shelter & just felt so sorry for me so she took me home to give me a little rest & help feed my babies by bottle. It really gave me a break.
We all use the litter box. My foster mom can say yes to that because with 10 of us she changed litter a lot. Now that my babies are around 11 weeks old & they are ready for their new homes. 8 of my babies now need someone to take each of them in & make them a part of a family. One has found a great home already & I am so happy for him. I wish I could tell you which is the best one but that is too hard. Each has its own personality. 6 of my babies are male & 2 are female. Don’t worry about them having babies that can’t find homes because before they leave the shelter they will have had all their shots, be de-wormed & neutered &/or spayed. My foster family has 2 big dogs & a cat now & I just loved them. My babies were getting use to them. We played on the patio all the time & we all got along. I myself even napped with these 2 big dogs in the shade.
My babies’ lives have been documented along the way. Along with the adoption you will get a computer disk of when my babies were just brought into the home until now & of bottle feeding, playing outside & everything in between. Each of my babies & myself had names in the foster home but we are ready for more permanent ones. Please can you find it in your heart to help me find homes for each of my babies? If you can’t be the one maybe you know of someone that wants a nice baby kitten to give a home to.
Now to myself. I was dropped off at the shelter but the staff thinks it was because I was pregnant. I am a Siamese mix. I don’t know my actual birthday but I can’t be over a year old myself. I still love to play games & run & jump & most important be loved. My foster family thinks alot of me so they will be sponsoring me. My first shots will be given & I will be spayed before I go home with you. That means you get me to give me a loving home & I am already paid for. I will make a great addition to your family. If you have pets in your family just give me a few days & they will fall in love with me too. Well I better close for now my babies need some exercise & my foster mom is about to take us all in the front yard for some outside time before we head for the shelter to find homes.
Hope to see you at the shelter soon,

Lilly



MAJOR UPDATE----The shelter is extending the special BOGO (buy one get one)
During the month of July. If you adopt a cat you can get one free.
2 cats-spayed &/or neutered, first shots & de-wormed for $60.00.
Read how this started out.

http://daytodaylifeofasouthernmom.blogspot.com/2008/05/week-starting-out-busy.html

Click on the title to my page to take you to my homepage.

No comments:

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog