Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Boy this day to day stuff on a blog is alot of work. I hate so much I do not get to share my day to day things. In just one week I have been so busy with things. I really want to share the really important things.

The most important was one week ago. Jeff & I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary. The first picture of us is on our wedding rehearsal day. Alot thinner & alot younger. Hard to believe 22 years later. Alicia (our daughter) came over with her husband & our granddaughter & stayed with the boys while we went out to eat & to a movie. Felt nice not having to rush back to a sitter. Still though the wild & crazy couple we are....... made it back in by 10:30 pm.





Last Sunday at our church we had our Operation Christmas Child Shoebox dedication. It went really well. At last count we had up to 485. Boxes are still coming into church for the people that did not get to make dedication night. I believe our count should go over 5oo total. Our Minister of Music & his wife was over the program & ask if I would want to say anything. At first I said no but the more I thought about it I changed my mind. I guess I thought it may be rude not to at least thank people for all they did. I was so nervous I thought I would be sick. I am used to being behind the scenes & not right out in front of everyone. Monday I ran by the warehouse that we will be using as the Collection Center to be collecting all the boxes. I picked up some cartons to load all our boxes into. We have a great staff at church & they have already took all our full cartons to the warehouse.




Gotta go cook some dinner now......be right back.......I hope



2 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations on your 22nd. wedding anniversary. Ours was 53 this past July. I don't know where the time goes, and it seems to go quicker and quicker all the time.
Have a terrific Sunday. Oh by the way, we had some snow today, it was raining, and the temp dropped, next thing you knew there was snow. Of course it didn't stick, ground was too warm.

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

Happy 22!!

He can still fit in the same shirt. Look!!
God Bless You Both!!

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog