Saturday, November 15, 2008

Into the week

So much goes on in the week. Not just loading shoeboxes Monday but one of my son's had a check-up Monday with his Ear Nose & Throat doctor. Several weeks ago he had some tiny knots show up in his neck. A parents worst fear. Well after a good thorough exam the doctor seen no real concern. None of the things are present that made him all to concerned. As a parent we still question ourself but I had to trust the doctor & the Lord to watch over my son. Now for the family that follows my blog...Guess which child it is that has given me the concern?.........You have it! Matthew....he does not do anything simple. After all of this it seems to be allergies. He was constantly clearing his throat. We thought it to be habit but it seems to be something else now. He is on a nose spray & pill at night & it has made a big difference. Had to get from the appointment to school & pick up Chris from Chess Club, get home, take a breath, eat a bite & get out the door for scouts. Just a normal Monday.

I am in a bible study at the moment on Wednesday mornings. My SSClass teacher is leading something she has written. Forgiveness. We have done this in class but she has added some to it & put it as a Bible Study. I wish everyone could have the teacher I have. (Sorry K but it is the truth.) Next week is the last week of it & it seems to come to fast.
Chris had a science project due the next day & after church that night we had to hit it hard. It turned out pretty good. It should after buying a hundred dollars of supplies from Hobby Lobby. It is a Decidious Forest. Can't you just tell? Click on the picture & find the deer eating apples from the orchard.



Thursday came & this week my church has a ministry that we got involved in a couple of years ago. It is called Courthouse Ministry. We have the entire week from 9 am to noon each day that we serve coffee & cookies to the people that are waiting for the judge & their lawyers on the second floor. The cookie dough is donated & our kitchen staff cooks them up fresh each morning for us to pick up before we go. Me & another lady from church have to find at least 10 volunteers each time our week rolls around every 3 months. Most churches have stopped doing the ministry so our time rolls around alot more. If you have ever tried to fill volunteer positions then you know it is probably easier asking for a kidney than their time. Sorry but its the truth. So sad to see alot of the cases that come in. People waiting seem to have their nerves shot just a tad. Talking with them, giving them a cup of coffee & a cookie & sharing Christ with them seems to put them a bit more comfortable. Anyone who knows me knows I can talk. I once carried on a lenghty phone conversation with an information operator. She was quite nice. My husband was not shocked.
Speaking of talking- I talked to one of my sisters Thursday night for 134.02 minutes. That was a short conversation. She has taken a 2nd job so she works all the time now. Don't really know much we talked about, just life is all. Something special is shared between sisters. I have wanted to choke her sometimes & she me but in the end we are always sisters.
Friday---Had another date night. My church has once a month Parents Night Out. We take full advantage to have the time together. Couples need that. The boys had fun. They had scheduled a guy to come in & do little tricks & balloon art. Matthew loved the balloon dogs. It popped within an hour of being home. What a surprise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comments. If you receive anything good from my teaching, all the glory goes to the Lord! Kay

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog