Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shoeboxes & Scouts & Dinner

Monday started off the Collection Center in Tupelo for Operation Christmas Child. We all have such a great time together talking, laughing & packing boxes. The table & floor is what 2 churches brought in. The boxes are starting to come in. Today was to be a slow day so a couple of us took it as an off day. I did go by to drop off some things (drinks & snacks for the rest of the week) & found out we are running low on cartons. Pat (regional coordinator) started calling around & a box company was gracious enough to donate some cartons to us to pack shoeboxes in. That will be a lifesaver. I ran & picked those up & headed to Wally World after to finish getting things for my dinner for the China guest. While out 3 people mentioned to me they seem us/me on the news. No--- no one was arrested, shot or drug deal gone bad stuff. It was OCChild getting the attention it deserves. I didn't get to watch the news so I didn't get to see it.

Monday night (last night) the Boy Scouts at church hosted the Cub Scouts at church to come outside & join them in activities. We had a nice camp fire but it was so cold outside. I am sitting here now clearing my throat because of it being sore. It was so cold. Did I mention that it was really cold? Jeff & Chris left earlier to go to a store & get some hunting stuff. Here is what Chris got. Minus the scout pants he still has on from earlier.
Well I am about to go to bed so I will finish it with a picture of hubby & myself with our dinner guest on their way to the door. We had such a great time. We talked about kids, husbands, wives, family, jobs, & cultures. Poor Jennifer sat & listened & did not understand a thing. I did have the guys translate some things but I believe they got sick of that after a bit. We had so much fun. Of all places to make a picture was a worst room in the house. The boys playroom.
Jeff, Ken, Toby, Jennifer, myself

No comments:

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog