Friday, June 19, 2009

Chris at Boy Scout Camp

(Chris is 2nd from left)
Chris has been at Boy Scout camp all this week. We had family night Wednesday. All the boys will be back tomorrow & I imagine will be really tired.

I snapped this picture of him while there Wednesday.



Boy Scout Survival Camp was a couple of weekends back & Summer Camp for both boys is coming up. I do believe they will be camped to death soon. I am so thankful we can give them the opportunities we didn't get growing up. Chris seems to have fun spending time with his friends during the summer. Hopefully he will look back & have fond memories of his time at camp.

I got a phone call today asking if it was ok to give him a mohawk haircut. At first I am sure you have shock but when you know the story it is not all bad. The camp has a spirit award they give. Cub Scout's have a Spirit Stick & the Boy Scout's have the Turtle Totem. Each Troop trys to get the award. You get to carry it around until your time to pass it on. Wednesday when I got there our troop had the totem. You have to personalize it with something. One of our Asst. Scoutmaster's told our troop that if they got the Totem for spirit he would shave his head & face & add the hair to the totem. HE DID IT. We have some really great leaders. Here he is in a photo (before of course). Well with our temps reaching near 100 already outside I am sure he welcomed the coolness.

I am gonna be holding my breath when I go to pick Chris up tomorrow.
Will he have the mohawk or not?


1 comment:

Patty said...

If he gets his hair cut,it will grow back before school starts. All of those signs around your son would be a survival test. LOL I know you'll be glad when he's back home.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog