Friday, June 12, 2009

A new book out

CLICK ON PIC FOR LARGER VIEW

I had a lady contact me on Facebook. She is a local author here in Tupelo. She needs help to promote her book. She is my age, same graduating year & best yet, Southern! I have been to her web site & looked around. Once you read though click on the links at the bottom to go to her web site & blog. Here is a short bio on her.

My name is Patricia Neely-Dorsey. I am from Tupelo, Mississippi. I am a 1982 graduate of Tupelo High School. I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. I lived in Memphis , Tennessee for almost 20 yrs, working in the mental health field, before returning to my hometown in August 2007. I have been married for almost 16 yrs to James Dorsey and we have one child, Henry, age 10.

She has some poems on her web site to tease you with. Well it worked. I want to read more. She just one day woke up & had a "gift" from God. She started writing & hasn't stopped yet. She has enough material for a couple or so more books. She writes alot about Southern culture. Not the kind that puts the south in a bad light as so many do. The really easy, laid back, family oriented.
She describes it this way.

There are so many negative connotations associated with Mississippi and the south in general. I want readers to see that there is a flip side of the coin. There is much to love about the southern way of life. I want people to know Mississippi in a different light and I want to introduce them. My slogan is Meet Mississippi Through Poetry, Prose and The Written Word.

ABOUT THE BOOK
Patricia Neely-Dorsey’s fascinating book of poetry is a true celebration of the south and things southern. Using childhood memories, personal thoughts and dreams, the author offers a positive glimpse into the southern way of life.

She has a BLOG to read some more about her.
Or visit her web site. Be sure & bookmark once there so you could go back.
Find her on Facebook. Patricia Neely-Dorsey is listed as one of my friends.

I will post more about this grand Southern lady later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the awesome promo of my book!
It will certainly go far in helping me to get the word out.

P.S. The quote that you have on your profile is in one of my poems....

I'm so glad that I grew up on Mississippi sod,
My t-shirt reads:
"American by birth,
And Southern by the grace of God."

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog