Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me




1970





6 years old




Well another year has come. The big 44. I would like to say that I was always like the little lady I was seen in the left pic but deep in my heart I was a tomboy. Really can't see the bruises & scabs on my knee's & legs here but they are there. The right side pic is really me...the mouth always open, talking & laughing. Ask any of my family! Well you better not you could find out more than you want too.

I had just turned 6 (in 1970) in the photo's & my mom took me out to have my hair done & get a new dress. I felt so pretty, prim & proper. I don't remember much of the day. Just feeling special is all. Later in the day she took me back to my dad's studio to have a photo shoot. My dad was a photographer & owned the photo studio up town & I was always having my picture took but this time I was cleaned & spit shined.

Years have gone by, many years, things have changed, the studio & my dad are gone, the dress long gone, but the little girl & smile are still with me. Many many happy memories remain. That is what is important.




My mom even had my photo make it in a magazine.

How sweet is that?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hold on to those memories, they are precious. I love you.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog