Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stupid Cat

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. ~Ellen Perry Berkeley
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. ~Terry Pratchett


What would you go through for a family pet?


My whole time outside I am repeating to myself "stupid cat stupid cat stupid cat". We have been so busy getting the house spruced up to get it back on the market to sell. I had been out back on the patio pressure washing. Being in & out of the house I had left the patio door open. Well I should have known my old cat would want to venture out (again). Bad weather was coming through last night & I was out for about 2 1/2 hours yelling kitty kitty kitty, kitty kitty kitty. I looked at all his usual places he likes to get outside. Now this is no spring chicken of a cat. He will celebrate his 16th b'day next month. He is a Long Haired Silver Shaded Persian. My husband really now has a great hatred of this cat since he has ruined so much of our furniture. The cat's nickname is D.C. (damn cat). But lo & behold he is also out walking the yard yelling for this cat. We have had him since he was 6 months old. A part of our family. Well the thunder clouds that had rolled in let lose, the rain started & so did the thunder & lightening. My poor cat. Out in the elements. This time is sure to get him. After much looking being tired got the best of me. I went to bed. Around 1:30 after tossing & turning I got up looked on the patio & guess who was sitting at the side cleaning himself. D.C. Stupid cat stupid cat stupid cat. I was worried sick. Just a joy night for him. I brought him in, dried him off, gave him lots of kisses & gave him a good talking to & he promised to never do it again. Right. Listen for me to be out again yelling in the night for him. Why do we love our pets so much?


After scolding one's cat one looks into its face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that it understood every word. And has filed it for reference. ~Charlotte Gray

Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later. ~Mary Bly


1 comment:

Denise said...

You have a beautiful cat. Why don't you ever visit my blog, and comment??

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog