Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Blessing


I keep promising to put our blessing on here about how we came about our land we bought a little over a year ago.


Well....we had been praying for quite some time to move out of the subdivision life. When our daughter was home & was the only child, living in subdivisions seem to fit our lifestyle then. Having 2 boys at home now we have wanted to give our children a bit of the country life. They have 4-wheelers, bows & arrows, sling shots, 22 rifles, shotguns & a few other things. Well walking out in your front yard in a subdivision with your 22 rifle or sling shot is not real possible. Little boys with guns & neighbors windows should not be used in the same sentence. Trying to find a house with land could be done but nothing just grabbed us. We would have to sell our house then hope the one we found would not sell in the mean time.

A year ago last Christmas my husband picked up the Sunday paper after church, read through the real estate section & found an ad for land. In bold black letters read "60 ACRES" with a description of the land (on a 55 acre lake front). Well we had thought of maybe 10 to 15 acres but not 60. That is an awful lot of land. All we can hear ringing in our ears is the sound a cash register makes. You know, cha ching, cha ching, cha ching. Land around the Tupelo area has jumped in price to the millions due to the Toyota Plant coming in the next county over. Well my husband called on it anyway & it sounded pretty good. He went the next day on Monday to look at lunch time, called me & said I had to see it. I looked & fell in love. We put a contract & money down on it on that Wednesday & closed with an attorney a week & a half later. How did we do it? We didn't! The Lord did it. We had prayed so much for something to happen. What seemed like an eternity at times. Are we building yet? No. Not yet. We have to sell our house first. There is always a reason for everything. God's timing is well....his timing. At times I want to scream "come on move me already". He will. I started wondering just how specific was I in my prayer. Maybe I should have mentioned I want to live on that land. Anyways he knows. We may never get to live there but for now he has us where we need to be.



Please, when you are saying your prayers be sure to include in them to send us a buyer for our house. We hope to get it back on the market next week.




Be sure & visit my YouTube page to see the video's I have shot of the land.





1 comment:

Denise said...

You are more blessed than you realize. Eddie and I would love to be able to have a house, instead of living in an apartment.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog