Monday, April 7, 2008

Little Creatures





Click HERE to Visit My Photos on Flickr

It is always so much fun to walk through the woods & see the creatures or critters as my husband calls them. Sunday after church we went to the land to clear some small trees & briar's on a point by the water that my boys have staked out for their own. Jeff & Chris fished a bit & Matthew & I cleared a little. Right before Jeff joined me again on land I happened upon something on the ground just walking around. At first it startled me but then something else caught my eye. It wasn't that scared of me. I thought maybe my swing blade had maybe caught it or I had cut some little tree it was in . I really still don't think so. There is a nest in some briar vines but it looks like an old one. I feed it a crushed snack cracker we had there. (Never go off without bringing snacks for the kids) It was/is a really pretty bird. We came home & looked on Flickr for pictures of one like it. It is a cockatiel. I went back today to take some chairs over there & looked for it again. My plans were to bring it home for a pet. In the wild there or in the wild of my home. Same difference, better food here. I have plans to go back tomorrow & look while I work. It would fly up to a tree branch & watch me work then back down to the ground & visit. I am guessing it had to have been someones pet.

I hope to have the rest of the briar's & little trees by the water gone tomorrow. While Chris was at scouts tonight Matthew & I went to Harbor Freight Tools that recently opened & bought them both 18" MACHETES . We had been using one to cut the really tough vines & the boys kept fighting over who got to use it. So what does a responsible mother do....go out & buy your 6 & 10 year old one each. This is a tool that will be like the BB gun, 22 rifle & sling shots & etc. You don't let little boys out to play with machete's in the subdivision. Neighbors just don't like that sort of thing. With this though comes responsibility. We are teaching them the right use, even though I caught site of them pretending to be swordsmen Sunday & pretending to cut the others head off. Such a proud moment. ;-( That is a joke. I hate it but they are boys with vivid imaginations.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I enjoyed these pictures.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog