Monday, October 20, 2008

Another day another dollar

Well another day but not another dollar from a paycheck. Several weeks ago our fridge was dying a slow death. It kept getting warmer & warmer inside. Well a fridge guy came, replaced a part, we paid, he left & guess what.... it didn't work. It hobbled along for a bit but it was screaming to be put out of its misery. We called a different repair guy & he stayed here about 3 hours looking & tinkering. Boy if it was by the hour I was going to have a MAJOR bill. He gave us the bad news. The fridge was only 7 years old but the brand just did not stand the test of time. He told to look for another. Now why couldn't the other guy tell us that? Now for the bill......"No charge" he says......"I didn't do anything to help you". Now that's a repair guy. I still could not let him leave. I offered him to stay for dinner with us. In the time he was here we talked & laughed. He had lost his wife over a year ago & I was already told he was a talker. Boy did he come to the right house. He had a daughter expecting him for dinner so he had to hit the road. I couldn't just let him leave so....I paid him his service call fee. I do think it fair. He at least told us the truth. Now how does another dollar come into play. The other company refunded me back half the the amount I paid them to fix my fridge. A whole half. It came in today's mail. That may just fill my gas tank 3 times. The gas prices have dropped quite a bit here. Enough of the bad stuff. Now something good.
Today was one of my get-to-be-home days after dropping the boys at school. I got a call this morning from a friend & she was sitting up a booth for Operation Christmas Child for "Celebration Village" here in Tupelo. Here is the description of it. Browse through rows of vendors from across the nation, who will gather to see gifts, clothing, home decor, art and gourmet foods. Presented by the Sanctuary Hospice House, this event is a holiday hit.
She ask if I had some free time to come help set up. Don't have to ask me twice to come look at other absolutely gorgeous booths. I am talking about some really great looking professional booths. I do have to say ours will look really nice after the finishing touches go on tomorrow. We are not selling...just promoting OCC to get more people involved.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Bless you for all you do.

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog