Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where does time go

It seems I just did a post. Time is my enemy. I get so tied up with........stuff. I hoped to have did a blog with my everyday stuff but that gets busy. The boys take alot of time so I pick them over my blog. I am sure everyone can say that.

Celebration Village went great. I never heard the final total of how much was sold. I seen people shopping but I think maybe not as much as they normally would. This picture was made on the last day, Saturday. Pictured below are myself (white OCC tee, black slacks, no jacket) & 3 other volunteers for the booth to promote Operation Christmas Child. Our regional Coordinator did a great job getting enough volunteers to come all 4 days. I popped in & out managing to make sure all was going good, everyone showed up that should & snapping a few pictures of the people helping & the things going on around. Most people passing by the booth thought we were selling something until I finally made the yellow sign you see in the picture below. ByTheWay---Do you do a shoebox yourself?
We are starting to see OCC come to an end soon. Yesterday I met our Regional Coordinator at the TV station to go on the noon show. She did a great job. She needed support. She wanted me at her side on camera but she has worked so hard on this on a complete volunteer basis. She puts in alot of hours. She deserved that time. We load ALL the boxes at the warehouse Nov 17th-24th that comes from all the surrounding areas of Tupelo. Last year apx 16,000 shoeboxes went out of Tupelo's Collection Center. Pray for more boxes this year.



No comments:

Counter

Powered By Blogger

Networked Blog